As school comes to an end and summer begins, parents have to adjust their lives to meet the needs of their children. Here's 5 ways you can stay sane while your kids get a much needed break from school.
1. PLAN MEALS! We all know kids eat pretty much all of the time especially when they are home. Planning nutritious snacks and meals at the beginning of each week helps keep you from the dinner time scramble.
2. SUMMER CAMPS! Camps are a great way to involve kids in positive activities during the summer. Think sports, art, music, nature, etc!
3. SUMMER JOBS. If you have children who are able to work, encourage them to get a part time summer job. It will teach them to have a positive work ethic and give them an opportunity to manage their own money (with your help of course).
4. FAMILY TRIPS AND OUTTINGS. Summer is the perfect time to do all of those day trips you've wanted to do but keep putting off. Go do that hike. Go visit grandparents or friends. Or just grab the bikes and ride around your neighborhood together. Time together will keep your kids entertained and provide much needed bonding time that you don't get when school is in session.
5. Last but definitely not least, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN MENTAL HEALTH. There's never a bad time to start going to therapy. If you've done it before and put it on the back burner, maybe now is a good time to go back. And if you haven't done it before but convinced yourself that it's unnecessary or isn't worth the money then give therapy a try. Both of those narratives are keeping you from the growth mindset that will launch you into the next phase of life.